Go Back   Tibia ML Forum > English > Screenshots

Notices

Screenshots Share your screenshots with other members and look at their screens.

Old August 17th, 2010, 03:36   #1
Ripstein

Ripstein is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ripstein Send a message via Yahoo to Ripstein Send a message via Skype™ to Ripstein
Post Ripthorn's Log

I play Tibia a lot.
This will be a log of where I am from this point forth. In the course of the log, I may share stories of my past adventures in Tibia, but they will be concise.
Where do I begin..? As my signature shows, I'm a level 172 paladin on Luminera. I've been playing Tibia since May 2007, with one break that was about 6 months or so. I thought I had quit at that point, so I gave all my stuff away. When one of my friends pulled me back in, I had nothing.. Except I still had good friends who gave me enough things to get started again..
Together with 8 of my closest friends, in August 2009 we started the Round Table. We named it that because everyone had an equal position, and there was no leader. To this day, the leader and vices all share the same rank name- Archons- and I try to make decisions based on consensus, but they all seem to trust my judgment.. Of the original 9, I'm one of three that are left. One of them [Erin Daley] is the secondary character of a woman who let her premium time expire. She basically quit because of so many things going on her life, such as college. Another one [Fritzgerald] left the guild to create his own guild, but he moved one of his main characters back with us, which I appreciate.

Last edited by Ripstein; October 4th, 2010 at 21:31. Reason: Made it a life thread
Ripstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:37   #2
Ripstein

Send a message via AIM to Ripstein Send a message via Yahoo to Ripstein Send a message via Skype™ to Ripstein

So our guild just celebrated our one-year anniversary on Wednesday August 11 with a party at the guildhall. It was fun, but we didn't have any real discussions about the future of the guild. I wanted to do something meaningful. Oh well.
The one thing we should have done was discuss the service that we were planning to host for the whole Luminera community on the following Saturday. It was a success, but it could have been planned and executed better. Basically we hid letters in the Kazordoon area and asked low-level players to come look for them. All they had to do was find a letter and return it to me to claim a prize. The letters had numbers that corresponded to certain prizes. There were 38 prizes ranging in value from ~3k-30k.
There's the thread on the tibia.com Luminera forum called "The Round Table One-Year Anniversary Giveaway." I'd post the link, but I don't have 10 posts on here yet, so I can't.
I got one screenshot from the party:

If it's not working, it's probably because I don't have 10 posts yet..
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:04   #3
Ripstein

If people want to know more about me and my characters, I would encourage them to check out the links in my signature. I made my own page on Tibiawiki, with subpages for each of my main characters. They show my goals and my achievements. Here's a summary:

Achievements
I've basically done almost everything I can do on Ripthorn [my favorite character]. I'm currently #7 in the Luminera high scores for achievements with 163 points.

Goals
My goals are mostly centered around quests. I still need to get the rank of Elite Hunter in the Paw and Fur Society. I have 8/50 points. I'm currently working on the serpent spawn task, and I've killed 947/1500 serpent spawns. It goes rather slowly, but I've been solo hunting them more lately.
Another goal is to do the Demon Oak Quest.
And a goal that seems small, but it's still a challenge: To find Sam's Old Backpack..

Oh and check my page on Tibiafriends too. It's another supported fansite. It's a social networking site for Tibia people. I recommend it for any Tibia player.
Tibiafriends has many functions- It's not just for meeting people. The Round Table holds its discussions there, because if we hold them on the Tibia.com guild forums, the threads will be deleted after a certain period of inactivity on those threads, and if the board isn't used for a few months, the whole board gets deleted. That's not so with Tibiafriends. Also, you can start groups with their own discussions without a guild.
I hold a council position in the Task Force Luminera, which is an alliance of guilds on Luminera. And our online discussions are only on Tibiafriends. I'll talk about the Alliance in a future post.

Last edited by Ripstein; August 26th, 2010 at 00:07.
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:21   #4
Ripstein

I hunted some more serpent spawns today. I'm up to 1091/1500. I've also been broadcasting my hunts on tibiacast. It's fun because I end up talking to the people who watch while I make as much xp as possible. I was making 450k xp/hr while looting all kinds of stuff and this dumbass joins in and says something like "Why you hunt here? Xp and loot sux!" and I said "I hunt here because the xp and loot are great.."
I had to laugh. I asked him who he was, and he was some lvl 125 paladin on another server and he said he hunted in POI. I really doubt that. :P

I've been hunting with the ambient light turned way down because it's more fun that way.
The only light in there came from the magic and my nightmare shield.
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:22   #5
Ripstein

Here's a random recent screenshot:

This is my friend Lesphares following me to Yalahar. Well actually, he doesn't follow me- he just keeps teleporting onto me and I joke like I'm trying to run away, but it's totally pointless.. lol
By the way, all these screenshots are here first. Usually I post new screenshots to my tibiafriends page first. Check my tibiafriends profile for a lot more screenshots.
Lesphares Madtear is actually in the Round Table. He recently moved to Luminera from another server. It's pretty cool having a GM in the guild. One time I was hunting with him and a couple other guild members in the hellspawn/plaguesmith cave in the Magician Quarter, and 4 people started luring on us. At first we did ok, but they just kept bringing more. We never had a chance to loot creatures or move from our location.. I was healing on my druid and the blocker died in all the chaos.
Then I died trying to run to the stairs.. Anyway, all 4 of those guys got banned for luring because they actually lured on a GM. We had the last laugh.
Old August 17th, 2010, 13:42   #6
Endo Zain

Endo Zain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Endo Zain

Cool! You started one. Welcome to TibiaML.. I'll def be keeping up with this one.
Keep Posting.
.....(\)(\)............
.....(>*.*)..........
.....(~(.'.)(.'.).....
Endo Zain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 13:47   #7
Cheekle Cheekle

Cheekle Cheekle is on a distinguished road

Welcome and nice start
Old August 26th, 2010, 00:15   #8
Ripstein

Oh I found another screenshot from the 1-year anniversary party. This is a party game that was invented in Luminera and we call it EBK, for Extreme Bird Killing. You get two teams, each with a birdcage. When the referee says go, they each start clicking on the bird like crazy. The first team to kill their bird wins. LOL
Sometimes it's quick and sometimes it takes a long time. I think it's random. But it's good for a laugh. xD

We also did some drunken wrestling. I was the undisputed champion until I finally fought Cypris. Then she didn't even have to push me-- I was so drunk, I stumbled right out of the ring as soon as the the bell rang. lol

Last edited by Ripstein; August 26th, 2010 at 00:21.
Old August 26th, 2010, 00:36   #9
Ripstein

I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I have been busy in Tibia.. I've been trying to take good action shots. On my paladin, I've mainly been hunting serpent spawns and medusas, but only when I've had full stamina. Here's a rare group hunt I did with my paladin and some old friends in the Formorgar Mines:

I think we barely made a profit, but it was fun and the xp was ok.
When we hunt, we all skype, so that's cool. But between Mich not pausing the mindless blabbing for breath and Kitti's ceaseless complaining, I never get a word in edgewise.

After another serpent spawn/medusa hunt, I got back to the depot and noticed I was about 1% away from leveling and I still had a few minutes of bonus stamina. So I decided to go into the Crystal Caves in Yalahar [which I never do] to get those last few points from dragons.
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:07   #10
Ripstein

I haven't really mentioned my other characters yet, but I guess this thread should be about all my characters- not just Ripthorn.
Riplynn is my druid. She's currently level 92. She's my second favorite. I've finished the 50 hunting points with her, so when I play her, it's either group hunting, or hunting with some purpose other than xp or tasks. I've been hunting at Orc Fort in the hopes of looting an old and used backpack or an orc trophy. I've also been hunting in places where I can collect vials so that I can get the Jinx achievement on my paladin. But lately I've been hunting dwarves in the hope of looting terra boots from a geomancer. I think that out of all the places to hunt dwarves, the Circle Room is my favorite now. But you have to go during peek server times when the spawn rate is fastest. Here's me in action:

No geomancers in this shot .. :/
When I finally find some terra boots [and I'm not above buying them, but nobody sells], I'm going to fight Tiquanda's Revenge, and I will definitely post a shot of that.

A few days ago, Kitti was on, but Tom wasn't. She usually only plays if he's on and they hunt with eachother. But this day she asked me what I wanted to do. Well I hadn't been to Demona on my druid yet, and another guild member [Manstones] wanted to do those Demona quests too, so it was decided- We were hunting warlocks.
Manstones wasn't in skype with us and so couldn't coordinate very well with us. He basically only went for the quests anyway, so he teleported out after getting the quest items and exploring the place. But me, Nat, Mich, and Kitti hunted warlocks for a while. Unfortunately Mich died in the middle of the hunt and I didn't get him in any shots.

I don't normally use the wizard outfit, but since Nat and Kitti were both using it and we were all druids, I had to change.

I think the warlock is dead in this shot, but just hadn't dropped yet. :P

When the expenses and loot were tallied at the end, we took a big loss. None of us cared, because it was so much fun. You should have heard all the cussing and swearing in skype-- LOL Warlocks can be frustrating and annoying to hunt, but you still laugh about it..
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:55   #11
Ripstein

Riplock is my sorcerer. Currently he's level 72. He's my third favorite, even though I rarely play him. I keep him in my house in Edron and make runes. I like to go on guild hunts with him and use energy wave on things like worker golems and war golems because there's so much xp in it.
On those rare occasions when my paladin and druid both have depleted stamina, I might hunt earth elementals for task points.. The only reason he's level 72 is because it's so damn easy to level him. lol
Anyway, here's my house in Edron. Since it's the smallest house I have [out of 3, including the guildhall], I put the most effort into decorating it, trying to artfully make use of every square.

And while I'm talking about my houses, here's my Liberty Bay house.

I'm of the school of thought that comes from my opinion that houses in Tibia should look like real houses. If you were an adventurer in the world of Tibia, would you throw helmets and armor and food and jewels in big heaps on the floor right in front of your doorway? I doubt it..
I decorate as an adventurer might. I have maps laid out and a kitchen and I have my trophies displayed in the back room..
With that said, my Edron house is a little different..
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:15   #12
Ripstein

Ripped Warrior is my knight. He's currently level 102. To be honest, I don't have as much fun playing a knight as I do with my other characters. Eventually I do want to do Annihilator, Warlord, the Chazorai arena, Inquisition, etc with him.. But for now, I'm so far behind on the easier quests that lately I've just been running through those.

Here I am on part of the Explorer Society Quest:

So I've stopped at the Spectral Dress mission. I think I'll ask for help with that one.

And the Kissing a Pig Quest:

The best shot would have been at the end, where I kiss the pig expertly, because you see a hearts animation. But I missed it. :/
The quest was easy because I had already done the Banshee Quest and gotten this kiss from the Queen of the Banshees.

There is more to come. I still need Ice Islands, Ape City, Beregar Quest, access to Forbidden Islands, and more..
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:21   #13
RavriniahD

RavriniahD is on a distinguished road

Wow you write alot! but I like it Congrats to everything and hope you'll keep it up
RavriniahD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:42   #14
Rose

Rose is on a distinguished road

Nice pictures Congratulations and good luck!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 13:07   #15
Cheekle Cheekle

Cheekle Cheekle is on a distinguished road

Nice, 1 of each vocation eh.. i couldnt manage
Old August 29th, 2010, 23:23   #16
Endo Zain

Endo Zain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Endo Zain

Getting a very nice thread going I see. Keep posting. Sorry it took me so long to comment.
.....(\)(\)............
.....(>*.*)..........
.....(~(.'.)(.'.).....
Endo Zain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 19:03   #17
Nini

Nini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Nini

Cute roleplay-y houses, I approve!

And ewww, you kissed a pig! At least you're a great kisser now? ^^
Old September 9th, 2010, 20:14   #18
Ripstein

Ok I'm back!
Lots of things have happened since I last posted. First, I found someone selling terra boots, so I stopped hunting dwarves with my druid and I went to kill Tiquanda's Revenge. I know I promised to post a screenshot of that battle, but it happened so fast.. I was really disappointed with how easy it was. I had the full terra set, a sacred tree amulet, and I was using SD's. The thing barely hit me. I didn't need mana shield and I barely had to heal at all. It was dead in 3 or 4 turns. :/
So no shot of that, but it's just a carniphila anyway..

So if you look at the other things I was doing with my druid, they're a little bit dull and I got bored. So until I found something new and exciting to do with her, I decided to level my sorcerer. He's getting close to level 80..
He levels so fast too. I have a friend in the guild who is a lvl 74 knight and we're trying to get to level 80 and do some of the big quests together. But even though my sorc is my #3 char, I STILL level him faster than my knight friend. xD
Here I am killing some earth elementals for task points and pretty good xp.

He's lvl 76 now.
Old September 9th, 2010, 20:40   #19
Ripstein

I've been hunting with my friends Tom, Kitti, Fritz, and Mich when possible. It's fun because we skype and have a good time, and also we hunt places where I otherwise seldom go. We were on our way to the Formorgar Mines the other day. We meet at the entrance, so we just travel there seperately. Kitti was first, so she stopped at the place where Man in Cave spawns-- And he was there!! She got roped up and killed everything before she realized what happened. LOL
MiC didn't even drop anything good. But we had her rope us up and got screenshots.. It was my first time in there. As you might know, Man in Cave was started on Luminera, so we're all huge fans of him.

We thought about bringing noob chars to have them roped up and log there in the cave, but apparently Cip fixed it so that you can't log in the MiC lair. She said it was the perfect place to train on PvP worlds.
Old September 9th, 2010, 21:08   #20
Ripstein

Devovorga. I was really excited about this new annual server-wide quest.. I was trying to help my world in whatever way I could. Here, a team of us are killing Phrodomo. At this point, we didn't have the knowledge and coordination to actually complete the quest. This was before the wiki spoiler page went up. Many people were trying to lead the whole thing, and there were a million ideas about how it might be done..

A couple of days later, I was on early [I shouldn't have been on at the time] and I saw a server message that said something about Devo in her cocoon or something, so I quickly got ready and ran to Vengoth and into the teleport. It was the biggest coordination of players on Luminera EVER. Epic win.

Since I had helped kill the Folda boss with my sorc, I got the rewards on 2 chars. I realized I could have easily went into teleports on 4 more chars and that would have allowed me to take the rewards on a total of 6 chars, but oh well. I learned for next time. I actually got the 'Devovorga's Nemesis' achievement.. Wiki still says that you only get that achievement by doing the most damage to Devo herself, but I have a hard time believing that I did more damage than anyone else in this group. You can't even see me because I'm buried under a huge crowd of other players..
I ended up with the achievements 'Daring Trespasser', 'I Did My Part', 'Slayer of Teneshpar', 'Team Player', and 'Devovorga's Nemesis'. It's a lot of achievements for one quest.. Also, the regen bonus is great for my hunts lately.

Edit: On a side note, with all the achievements, I'm back up to #6 on the Luminera high scores list for achievements. My score is 175, and I'm right below Sios the Vampire, who is a friend of mine. And he's done the Demon Oak, which is worth 7-9 points [I don't think they know exactly what it is]. Maybe soon I'll start working on more achievements.. I still haven't done Demon Oak, but I'm not sure I'm strong enough. Also, I'm thinking planning a strategy to hunt vampire lords, so that I might actually start collecting those tokens for the coveted 'Razing' achievement.

Last edited by Ripstein; September 9th, 2010 at 21:35.

Tags
luminera, riplock, riplynn, ripstein, ripthorn