Go Back   Tibia ML Forum > English > News

Notices

News Important news of Tibia ML.

Closed Thread

Old April 14th, 2009, 14:41   #1
Steven

Default Item competition

As a supported fansite we can have our own Tibia item which we can give away in competitions we organize. We're not such good designers, so we're decided to make a competition from it. He or she who designs the best item for Tibia ML will get the item in-game and we'll use it in future competitions.

The best items will be submitted to Jan, the graphic artist of CipSoft, and he will make the final decision about the winning item which will be used in-game. Furthermore you'll be the first owner of this item and the 3 best submissions will receive 30 days of premium time as well as a tome with a color of their choice.

What do you need to do?

The item you'll be designing will be the unique event item of Tibia ML and we'll use it as a reward in future contests. Only we can give it away, so it will be a rare and rather exclusive object. The item should be related to Tibia ML, so in your submission you have to explain why it fits our website. The item has to be exactly 32 on 32 pixels, black frame. The style should be similar to the other Tibia graphics. The file format should be either png or bmp. The winning item will be introduced into Tibia with this years summer update.

The submitted items must be made by you and cannot contain copyrighted parts. Fake ownership declarations will be punished by an exclusion of our competition and a ban from our website. Furthermore all submitted items should be made for this competition only and not been submitted to anything else neither in the past nor in the future.

Does this sound as something you're good in? Or maybe you just want to give it a try. Let your creativity work and design an item for us. You can of course submit multiple items but the same person can only win once. Be aware that only the best 3 items will win and only the best one will be used in-game.

Important notes

The competition will end on Sunday may 3rd 2009, 12.00 PM CET. All submissions should be posted in our forum or mailed to me before the end of the competition. All items submitted after this time will be excluded from winning.

The item you design must be decoration, a fun item or furniture. Your item can not increase a characters skills or statistics. If your item is furniture it should be takable, so solid feature is not allowed but for example a bedside lamp will be all right. You can create an animated item but then you should post all frames (in png or bmp format) of the item as well as an animated gif file.

Disclaimer

Tibia ML remains the rights to discard submissions if we think they're unsuitable for our website and do not fit our concept. CipSoft reserves the right not to use any of the items and design their own item to put in game as the unique item of Tibia ML. All entries become the property of CipSoft and upon participation, you agree CipSoft has the right to edit and/or publish it. All rights for subsequent publication are held by CipSoft. Once the item has been created as sprite and been added to the game, it becomes property of CipSoft. If you win the competition you'll have to sign a document for CipSoft in which you agree that they can use your design for Tibia.

Checklist

Before you submit your item, please check if your item fits all requirements below:
  • Size is exactly 32 x 32 pixels
  • It's saved as PNG or BMP, for animated items all frames are posted
  • It's decoration or furniture
  • It's related to Tibia ML
  • It's your work and is not used anywhere before
If your item fits the above requirement, post it on our forum as well as a description of the item and an explanation of how it fits Tibia ML.

Good luck and may the best win .

Note: If you want to post a sprite, create a new post. Do not edit any other post as I'll check the sprites as they come and might look over it.

From Cip:
Quote:
Dear Steven,

the fansite item can be animated, but may contain 16 animation phases at the max. About the enchantment, that would work. However, it does depend a bit on what else the item should do. I mean if it's animated while used, it cannot be inscribed - like personal messages to players wouldn't be possible. Also, it all gets more complicated if you want barks or something like this as well. An item that is animated only if used, can only have barks during the animation phase. It can't be too complicated...

Note from Jan about wall hangings:

Quote:
The tapestries or wall carpets that go on walls need to sit within the boundaries of the white wall carpets you can see in the template. they can be smaller but must not be bigger. the shape and form can be different, but remember to stick to a 45 degree angle so it will hang on the wall in proper Tibia perspective. For the two versions that go on the wall, it is also important that you do not place them anywhere else within the 32x64 field, otherwise it may be overlapped by a neighbouring wall when it is put together in the world editor later on.

the only guideline for the single folded graphic which will represent the curtain, tapestry or wall carpet when is not hanging on the wall, is that it must be a 32x32 sprite and it must be clearly visible that this is the non-hanged version of the version that goes on the wall.

please arrange all three graphics as in the template, which as a whole is 96x64 pixels.

download.png

that's it! i look forward to your ideas

all the best,
Jan

Last edited by Steven; April 24th, 2009 at 15:42.

Old April 14th, 2009, 15:37   #2
Myst'Sharion

Myst'Sharion is on a distinguished road

Great I've got some ideas and will start drawing immediately!
Old April 14th, 2009, 17:04   #3
Xu Madox

Xu Madox is on a distinguished road
Talking

Cool!
Old April 14th, 2009, 17:14   #4
Nickleon

Nickleon is on a distinguished road

awsome I'll enter but i cant draw!
Old April 14th, 2009, 17:40   #5
Nickleon

Nickleon is on a distinguished road
Red face

Ok plx no laugh!

This here is my idea! I know the picutre is not great atall but I am a terrible drawer So I tryed my best

Info about the item

Item Name - Tibia ML Dictionary

Item Description - You see a Tibian ML Dictonary. Braking the language barrier since 2007.

When used item Reacts - Orange text appears of a word/fraze in a random language (the same word/fraze but in diffrent languages each time).

Notice the M and the L on the front of the book are both in diffrent contry flags (polish and french) this is to help symbolise Tibia ML, ofcourse the flags could be changed to other countrys
Old April 14th, 2009, 17:59   #6
paku91

paku91 is on a distinguished road

It looks like first letter on your site.

"ML" from tibiaML xD

Last edited by paku91; May 1st, 2009 at 11:58.
Old April 14th, 2009, 18:10   #7
Blight

Blight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paku91 View Post

It look like first letter on your site.
Wow. THat's good!

I'll work on my own entry soon.

Always the devil's advocate.

Yay, 100 posts! Officially senior member. o.o
Old April 14th, 2009, 18:19   #8
Hultin

Hultin is on a distinguished road

I'm working on a own idea, still onlyplanning it. How can we submit it "securley" ergo, so that nobody can steal my unique idea? If it now is unique is a diffrent question

Also, a really fun competition. And a tome wouldn't make me cry that's for sure Is it really ANY colour we want on the tome?
Old April 14th, 2009, 19:30   #9
Myst'Sharion

Myst'Sharion is on a distinguished road
Default My submission

Golden Globe

You see a golden globe. It weighs 25.00 oz. It is a symbol of tibian multilingual culture.

The item is animated. It is writeable.

Why does it fit Tibia ML?

Tibia ML is the only fansite that connects people from all around the world. In one place you can find people from different cultures and speaking different languages. This little globe is a symbol of tollerance and friendship between nations, just as much as our website was meant to connect people from different countries.

Frames:

Last edited by Myst'Sharion; April 17th, 2009 at 14:44.
Old April 14th, 2009, 19:35   #10
fcencik991

fcencik991 is on a distinguished road

12:00 You see a Tibia MultiLangue Ring. It has 999 words left.

It is special ring. If you wear it, (if u write polish in tibia), other people are hear you in spanish. (Sry for my english)
Old April 14th, 2009, 19:51   #11
Sintex

Sintex is on a distinguished road

(Without ML)

(With ML)

You see boxing gloves. It weighs 6.00 oz. A brave warrior was fighting for a better community with this gloves.

This item is related to Tibia ML because this site created a new Community.

Last edited by Sintex; April 14th, 2009 at 21:23.
Old April 14th, 2009, 20:19   #12
Steven

Thanks for all entries so far . Keep them coming and tell your friends to submit their items ^^.

Old April 14th, 2009, 20:27   #13
Gilly Cheesesteak

Gilly Cheesesteak is on a distinguished road

TibiaML Peace Sign

12:00 You see a TibiaML peace sign. It is writable.

Why it represents TibiaML:

TibiaML is a fansite that unites all nationalities. The peace sign is a symbol of unity and peace.

Frame 1:

Frame 2:

Frame 3:

Frame 4:

Frame 5:

Frame 6:

Frame 7:

Full Animation:
Attached Images
File Type: gif peace.gif (4.3 KB, 666 views)
File Type: png Peace.png (154.3 KB, 690 views)

Last edited by Gilly Cheesesteak; April 14th, 2009 at 20:46.
Old April 14th, 2009, 20:29   #14
Swood

Swood is on a distinguished road

You see a rate calculator. It weighs 8.50 oz.

Since Erig got a Abacus and Tibia ML are making a great work to help the comunity since Erig gones. I think a Calculator can be a good item to congratulate Tibia ML for his good work.

Argo
Old April 14th, 2009, 20:44   #15
Xouw

Xouw is on a distinguished road

You see a translator. It weighs 55.00 oz. It can break the language barrier.

This item fits into the Tibia ML theme because translating is a major factor of what happens on this site.

The circular part is where you speak into to get a translation. The different colors represent the different country flags involved with this site.

Sorry that I am not a great drawer! Tried my best

Last edited by Xouw; April 14th, 2009 at 20:50.
Old April 14th, 2009, 20:51   #16
RandyOneil
Tibia ML Staff

RandyOneil is on a distinguished road

Tibia ML Babelfish

You see a Tibia ML Babelfish. It weighs 5.00 oz. Putting it in your ear, gives you the ability to understand any spoken language there is.

People who read/seen The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy know what a babelfish is. It translates every spoken language, so you'll understand everything people say. I couldn't think of a better symbol for MultiLanguage.
Old April 14th, 2009, 21:55   #17
Leon Uloge

Leon Uloge is on a distinguished road

My thoughts...

You see Mayan Piramide. To remember that everyone comes from somewhere and go back to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Piramide Maia.bmp.jpg (4.9 KB, 30 views)
Old April 14th, 2009, 22:05   #18
Leon Uloge

Leon Uloge is on a distinguished road

You see Sombrero. To relax in a beautiful shade and remember a distant land.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sombrero.jpg (4.7 KB, 29 views)
Old April 14th, 2009, 23:26   #19
Savage

Savage is on a distinguished road

And here is (will be are soon) my contest pictures.

Picture is how it looks like

Here is tibia sprite. 32x32

You see a royal sheet. It weights 0.3 oz. This sheet commonly used for communication between TibiaML users.

Others are on the way. Wait in patience
Old April 14th, 2009, 23:33   #20
Stern
TibiaNordic Administrator

Stern is on a distinguished road

@ Myst: Didn't you submit that globe last year? I'm sure I remember it at TibiaNordic until your "item" got pushed through as the winner.

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

http://tibianordic.com - Tibia fansite for the English and Swedish!
Closed Thread

Tags
competition, item competition